This afternoon I was feeling sort of blue. Even though spring is definitely on it's way...
and I'm cleaning my house, and doing laundry and I have a yummy candle burning that my mom brought me - and clean laundry, a vacuumed house and a sunny day are usually enough to perk me right up, it just wasn't cutting it today.
Then, Michael and Emma asked to go outside and there was a scampering for shoes and I could feel little arms come around my waist from behind. I turned around and Michael gave me a big hug and said, "I love you, Mommy." I told him that I loved him too and that I needed a hug just then and I asked him how he knew that. He said it's because he's smart. He sure is.
I found him a few minutes later up in his room laying on his floor with his booty (beloved blanket). When I asked him if he still wanted to go outside, he said that he'd changed his mind. So, we snuggled with booty and planned what he'd do with his friend that's coming over tomorrow after school.
Ahh, much needed love.
My little guy enjoying spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment